This is a cute card for the whole family to give someone special on their birthday! It was super quick and easy to make! The branch is cut out of grungeboard with the Tim Holtz Bird Branch die. There is actually a bird on the branch, but I just trimmed the little guy off. I then inked the branch with various brown colors of distress ink. The owls are from the Create a Critter cricut cartridge.
The sentiment was the only “technical” thing I did. But thanks to my Cricut Explore and the design space software, it was still very easy. I used 3 different fonts (see list) and created a separate text box for each one. After I got all of my text aligned how I wanted, I attached the text to the card. (It is very important that you attach the text.) Look through the picture tutorial for some visual guidance on writing text with the cricut explore and let me know if you have any questions.
• “Happy Birthday” – Curlz MT system font
• “OWL” – Wall Décor and More font
• “from…of us” – Baby Steps font
This card has been entered into the following blog challenges:
• “For the Birds!” from Cute Card Thursday
• “Things With Wings” from Try it on Tuesday
• “Surprise Birthday Hop” from Merry Monday
• “Celebrate” from Addicted to CAS
• “Anything Goes” from That Craft Place